South Beach Living
South Miami Beach is a barrier island known for its Art Deco Historic District. It offers a young and hip area with both a neighborhood and a touristy feel.
South Beach is great for people watching, shopping, eating, and obviously, hitting the beach.
|Quick commute to school (approx. 10 min, no traffic)||Parking, traffic, no Metro stop|
|Lots to do nearby||Cost: expensive to live and be entertained|
|The beach||Potential distractions|
Living / Cost
- Condos and apartments South of 5th are much more expensive
- Obviously, older buildings are less expensive
- Will pay more for more amenities (gym, pools, view, etc.) and larger spaces
- Variable rent rates: 1 bedroom/studios start around $850/mo; 2 bedrooms start around $1700/mo
- Need a car to get to/from school
- Apartment parking is expensive
- Some street parking available (metered, hard to find)
- Public transportation: “South Beach Local” bus: loops around the beach
- Lots of things within walking distance
- The Beach!
- Lots of Restaurants and places to shop
- Everything you could need within walking distance
Popular South Beach Housing
540 West Ave.
650 West Ave.
1504 Bay Rd.