Downtown is the urban epicenter of Miami. With its countless high rises, Bayfront Park, and the American Airlines Arena, downtown will provide you with plenty of fun and entertainment.
Generally downtown is safe, but if you are walking alone at night, use caution because there are a few dangerous areas.
|Quick commute to school||Traffic (especially when there are events at the arena)|
|Proximity to Brickell and South Beach, I-95||Most is perfectly fine, but some areas are less safe|
|Buildings are new and very nice||Shops close early because it is the business district|
|Not bike friendly|
Living / Cost
- Recently built high rise condominiums and apartments
- Avg rent, studio/1 bedroom: $1100-15000/mo
- Avg rent, 2 bedroom: $1800-2300/mo
- Highly dependent on specific downtown location
- Car: very helpful to get to/ from school
- Average commute to medical school campus:
about 10 minutes w/out traffic, about 20 minutes w/ traffic.
- Access to MetroRail and MetroMover.
- Parking can be difficult to find; valet is expensive
- Adrienne Arsht Center
- American Airlines Arena
- Bayfront Park
- Port of Miami
- Bayside Marketplace
- Midtown Shopping Center (Target, Loehmann’s, Marshall’s, Petsmart, etc.)
- The Design District; has lots of new/fun restaurants, bars, boutiques
- Restaurants, clubs, bars
Popular Downtown Housing
325 S. Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL
300 S. Biscayne Blvd. Miami, FL
1800 North Baushore Drive. Miami, FL
The Loft Downtown
115 NE 2nd Ave. Miami, FL