Coral Gables Living
Coral Gables, home to the undergrad campus of the University of Miami, offers a slightly less “big city” atmosphere than Downtown or Brickell.
Between numerous restaurants, shopping hotspots, and access to undergraduate facilities such as the Wellness Center, you will have no trouble finding adequate entertainment.
Although the commute to school may be a little longer, housing options are more traditional.
|Everything you need is very easily accessible by car||Farther from school|
|Close proximity to Coconut Grove||Traffic on US-1 can be really bad|
|Lots to do in the area||More students live in other areas|
Living / Cost
- Apartments, houses, townhomes
- More likely to have undergraduate neighbors
- Prices vary
- Need a car
- Option of driving to nearest MetroRail Station, then taking train to school
- Multiple MetroRail stations along US-1
- Undergraduate campus (includes IM fields, libraries, wellness center)
- Sunset Place, Dadeland Mall, Merrick Park, Miracle Mile
- Everything you need: lots of restaurants , gas stations, banks, etc.
- Neighborhood vibe
Popular Coral Gables Housing
Most students in Coral Gables rent houses.
Others live in apartments in Sunset Place or Merrick Park (These options typically are more expensive)