Brickell is located right in the financial district of Miami. With its high rises and towering bank buildings, Brickell has an affluent, urban feel. Its streets are constantly lit, and residents will attest that Brickell is a safe area. Although some apartments can be pricey, there are inexpensive gems located in this area perfectly fit for the young professional.
|Accessibility to the Metro||Parking can be difficult for guests|
|Proximity to night life||Less (but still prominent) ethnic and cultural exposure|
|Easy to get almost anywhere in Miami||Rent Cost|
Living / Cost
- Mostly apartments and condos
- Costs increase with view, sq ft, and amenities
- Avg rent, studio/1 bedroom: $1300-16000/mo
- Avg rent, 2 bedroom: $1800-2500/mo
- A car is not required, however, commute to the medical school will take about 10 minutes w/o traffic, about 20 minutes with traffic.
- Parking is sparse but adequate
- Most buildings are within walking distance to the Metro Rail and Metro Mover stations (depending on location).
- MetroRail Station is on 1st Ave between SE 10th &12th St.
- Metrorail to school is about 10 minutes.
- Metro Mover is free and located every few blocks
- Miami is not the most bike “friendly” city, but cycling is possible
- Lots of Restaurants and Bars
- Banks, gas stations, grocery stores (3 Publix’s in 10 blocks)
- Key Biscayne, Brickel Key
Popular Brickel Housing
79 Southwest 12th St,!Miami, FL
The Mark on Brickell
1155 Brickell Bay Dr, Miami, FL
500 Brickell Ave, Miami, FL
Yacht Club at Brickell
1111 Brickell Bay Dr, Miami, FL
50 Southwest 10th St, Miami, FL
The Plaza on Brickell
950 Brickell Bay Dr, Miami, FL