Externship & Observership requirements
Requirements For All Visiting Students
- Completed Visiting Student Application.
- Letter of good standing from current medical school.
- Official copy of medical school transcript indicating successful completion of core clinical clerkship.
- Letter of approval from hosting department.
- Badge Application Form.
- Proof of Immunization.
- Proof of Personal Health Insurance (photocopy of current health insurance ID card or letter from insurance carrier).
- Proof of Liability Insurance (visiting students from LCME accredited schools only).
- Complete Web-Based HIPAA Certification.
In Addition International Students Will Require:
- Copy of Passport and form I-94.
- Copy of invitation letter from UMSM hosting department.
- All documentation must be translated into the English language and certified. No documents in a language other than English will be accepted.
If you are a foreign physician or student interested in an observership, visit the Jackson Health System Observers website.
Specific departments and divisions have specific requirements. Contact them directly for further information.
For more information, please visit the Medical Education Department and submit the required documentation via the Visiting Student Applications Systems/AAMC (VSAS) .